Warrnambool Brazilian Jiu Jitsu adults program is available to anyone 16yrs+. Some may think they are too old or too out of shape to begin their Brazilian Jiu Jitsu journey but your wrong. The oldest member at Warrnambool Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is in their early 60’s and you get fit doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu not before starting it.
As a beginner at Warrnambool Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, you’ll learn the basic foundations of BJJ – posture and balance, basic positions and transitions between these positions. This then leads into submissions and sweeps. As you progress, your content knowledge will increase as you learn more advanced and technical positions, submissions, passes and sweeps.
Not only is this a great way to stay fit and healthy but also a great way to stay in contact with others from the same community as you.
We recommend that people try and make it to classes twice a week. The more the better. Frequent training is the key when you're first learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as you start to understand the foundations of how and where it can be applied. The more often you attend, the more information you’ll be able to retain and apply the techniques correctly.
At Warrnambool Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, each class focus's on a specific technique to assist in progressing your journey. Warrnambool Brazilian Jiu Jitsu's focus is on safe grappling techniques that can be practiced daily with no more fear of injury than any other contact sport.
Even at the foundation phase, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is physically and mentally demanding. However, you’ll be amazed at your increased physical fitness strength and mental resilience that comes from training in this discipline.
We look forward to sharing the knowledge with you. See you on the mats!
“When you get really good at something as difficult as Jiu Jitsu, it makes everything in your life better”. - Joe Rogan, BJJ black belt and Podcaster
WHY ADULTS SHOULD TRAIN IN BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU?
- Learn the most effective self-defence on the planet
- Realistic style of martial arts equals a realistic style of self-defence
- Train outside your comfort zone and realise your full potential
- Jiu Jitsu is a great source of cardiovascular exercise which promotes good overall health.
- Jiu Jitsu is a great core workout which helps a person with overall stability and balance.
- In addition to the health benefits, Jiu Jitsu teaches very important self-defence techniques that may help to save a person’s life if caught in a situation with a physically aggressive opponent.
- When a person knows how to defend themself, they feel more confident!
- Jiu Jitsu is a very family oriented martial art. It’s a lifestyle that can be practiced by the whole family.
- The more well-versed a person is in Jiu Jitsu, the more they learn to be calm under pressure, which can help a person learn to relax during normal hectic problems of their daily encounters.
- Since Jiu Jitsu is a close contact martial art with many training partners, it’s a great way to make friends.
- Promotes a healthy diet. Whether a person trains competitively or leisurely, it’s common for practitioners of the sport to adopt the entire Jiu Jitsu lifestyle, which entails a healthy diet.
- Learning the intricate Jiu Jitsu techniques helps promote problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Jiu Jitsu is for everybody, regardless of age, sex, or physical limitations! Based on the gentle nature of Jiu Jitsu, its range of practitioners is vast!
“Jiu-jitsu puts you completely in the moment, where you must have a complete focus on finding a solution to the problem. This trains the mind to build that focus, to increase your awareness, your capacity to solve problems”. - Rickson Gracie, 9th Degree BJJ red belt
Click here to sign up as a member at Warrnambool Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Warrnambool Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is located at 1113 Raglan Parade, Warrnambool.
(Royal Bikes is located at the front of the building). Entry is via the main building and we are located in the room off to the left-hand side of the building.
Looking for a good Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in your local area can be difficult. After all aren’t, they all the same? No is…
With so many styles of martial arts on offer to learn, why is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) rated as the most effective style of…